Thursday, November 14, 2013

Making DomainMath IDE work without errors

OK, there is something wrong with the auto-loading of packages.  I followed these instructions from http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Windows

   pkg rebuild -auto
   pkg rebuild -noauto ad windows
   pkg rebuild -noauto nan % shadows many statistics functions
   pkg rebuild -noauto gsl % shadows some core functions
   pkg rebuild -auto java

It didn't work.   Java still wasn't loaded.  I ended up modifying C:\Software\Octave-3.6.4\share\octave\site\m\startup\octaverc.  I added the line

pkg load java

This did the trick.  Now the tool bar works and I'm not getting the error about javaaddpath not being implemented.  I'm not sure why the rebuild with the -auto option didn't work.

It looks like I'm ready to start mucking about with the plots generated by gnuplot as opposed to how I presume the results look in MatLab based upon the commands in the samples from the book I'm reading.

Small steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment