Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I bought a microsoft surface pro 2 last weekend.

I like it.  It's my first tablet.  I'll probably use it for games and e-books.  That's an expensive machine just for those features.  Who knows.  I was thinking I could use it to connect with other computers I need to connect to but SSL VPN doesn't support Win 8.1 yet. 

It appears people are attacking my desktop computer in strange ways.  I don't want to bounce through it. 

This isn't limited to my computers.  Someone even tried to write a convenience check against my credit card.  I'm finding it hard to be open and secure at the same time. 

Maybe the cloud is the way to go.  It seems like a security issue to me but then most of my work leaves my desktop functionally acting like a thin client.  Plus, I don't know what I really own if it isn't on my hardware.  Now my MS Office suite is a one year license.  I guess it's all about cash flow.

Anyway, the Surface is a bit heavy at two pounds.  It seems light to me compared to the books I read.  I'll learn to adjust to the new reading style.  I'll both miss having the books around and enjoy not having to deal with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment