Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Haven't posted anything in awhile. Trying to play with Artificial Neural Nets.

OK, I mostly skim text books.  This isn't always the best approach.  I kept looking for the program code in the book I'm reading.  It appears that after chapter 2 the reader is suppose to create the program and source the routines.  I'll have to do that now to prove to myself I know how to build a Hopfield Network and train it using a single pass through all the patterns.  I'll present the code and a sample walk-through when I do.  I scanned the material years ago but my machine wasn't up to the challenge to run the code presented.  Times have changed.  Maybe I can finally get something running and be able to test the limits of current home technology.  Learning the CUDA routines for Python should help exploit the NVIDIA video cards for other purposes.  I can get a gforce 690 for about $1000.  Prices should drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment